Do you want to pursue a career in science communication or creative industries?
Each year we offer a chance for young people to get involved with science communication at Norwich Science Festival.
This year is going to be slightly different, as we’ve teamed up with Young Norfolk Arts who will be coordinating the recruitment, training and activity of the Young Norfolk Arts Collective – a Comms Team with a difference.
The Collective offers young people aged 16-25 the opportunity to develop the skills necessary for them to help produce, manage, promote, record and evaluate a wide variety of local events and cultural activities throughout the year. This is achieved through regular meetings, training sessions, practical hands-on workshops and collaborative sessions with YNA’s partner organisations.
Across three sessions in the run up to Norwich Science Festival 2019, the Collective will receive appropriate digital communications and media training to enable them to…
- Write blog pieces, reviews, and social media content
- Record video and audio interviews
- Produce events photography and videography
During NSF the Collective will have the opportunity to review events, take photographs and video footage, promote the festival on social media and carry out interviews to produce broadcast material.
All Collective training sessions and meetings will be held on weekday early evenings in a central Norwich location.
Collective members should….
- be aged between 16 and 25
- have a keen interest in creative activities and industries
- be eager to gain valuable training and experience and contribute to YNA activities
- be reliable and professional in your outlook and behaviour
- be good ambassadors for YNA and its partners including Norwich Science Festival
- be keen to attend YNAC related events during evenings, weekends and school holidays
Click here to find out more about the range of different projects and events you can get involved with as a member of the YNA Collective and apply to join.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 22nd September 2019
For further enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org