Do you want to pursue a career in science communication?
Each year we offer a chance for young people to get involved with science communication at Norwich Science Festival.
The team receives training in science communication and carries out activities connected with the management, delivery, recording and evaluation of NSF events, such as:
- Writing and delivering copy for local media
- Creating and sourcing images for all media
- Contributing to and supporting NSF social media content
- Recording and documenting NSF activities, including making films and recordings for radio broadcasts
- Initiating ideas for NSF future activities
- Reviewing and evaluating NSF events and activities
Team Member specifications
All team members will:
- Have a keen interest in the science and media activities
- Want to contribute to Norwich Science Festival activities and gain valuable experience
- Be reliable and professional in their outlook and behaviour
- Be confident in all aspects of public-facing activity
- Be good ambassadors for Norwich Science Festival activities and those of its partners and supporters
- Have good communication skills and be confident with appropriate social media use
- Be flexible in approach and attitude especially during the Festival
Please check back in summer for details of this year’s Young Communications Team offer and how to apply.