Do you want to pursue a career in science, media or marketing? Do you like festivals?
We have a great free opportunity for young people in Norfolk aged 16-21 to get involved with our Young Communications Team.
Norwich Science Festival 2018 will run during October half-term. You can play an important role in ensuring that NSF 2018 is the best celebration of young people’s media creativity ever. There are many different science performances, talks, activities and exhibitions lined up and students will have the chance to train and work with many experts.
The team will receive support and training to enable them to carry out their roles, working closely with The Forum staff and key mentors, to carry out activities connected with the management, delivery, recording and evaluation of NSF events, such as:
- Initiating and delivering social media campaigns
- Writing and delivering copy for all media, including the NSF website and local media
- Creating and sourcing images for all media
- Recording and documenting NSF activities including making vlogs, films, and recordings for radio broadcasts
- Initiating ideas for NSF future activities
- Reviewing and evaluating NSF events and activities
Team Member specifications
All team members will:
- Have a keen interest in the science and media activities
- Want to contribute to Norwich Science Festival activities and gain valuable experience
- Be reliable and professional in their outlook and behaviour
- Be confident in all aspects of public-facing activity
- Be good ambassadors for Norwich Science Festival activities and those of its partners and supporters
- Have good communication skills and be confident with appropriate social media use
- Be flexible in approach and attitude especially during the Festival
We will re-open applications for Norwich Science Festival 2018 in late summer. If you are interested, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.