Do you want to pursue a career in science, media or marketing? Do you like festivals?
We have a great free opportunity for young people in Norfolk aged 16-21 to get involved with our Young Communications Team.
Norwich Science Festival 2017 runs 21-29 October, with the learning programme 16-20 October. You can play an important role in ensuring that NSF 2017 is the best celebration of young people’s media creativity ever. There are many different science performances, talks, activities and exhibitions lined up and students will have the chance to train and work with many experts.
See what the Young Communications team got up to last year!
The team will receive support and training to enable them to carry out their roles, working closely with The Forum staff and key mentors, to carry out activities connected with the management, delivery, recording and evaluation of NSF events, such as:
- Initiating and delivering social media campaigns
- Writing and delivering copy for all media, including the NSF website and local media
- Creating and sourcing images for all media
- Recording and documenting NSF activities including making vlogs, films, and recordings for radio broadcasts
- Initiating ideas for NSF future activities
- Reviewing and evaluating NSF events and activities
Team Member specifications
All team members will:
- Have a keen interest in the science and media activities
- Want to contribute to Norwich Science Festival activities and gain valuable experience
- Be reliable and professional in their outlook and behaviour
- Be confident in all aspects of public-facing activity
- Be good ambassadors for Norwich Science Festival activities and those of its partners and supporters
- Have good communication skills and be confident with appropriate social media use
- Be flexible in approach and attitude especially during the Festival
In your form you should address the specification above, explain why you want to be part of the team and if you have any particular experience or interests e.g. in film making or journalism.
Deadline for applications is 5pm, Friday 15 September 2017
Following the closing date, applicants will be shortlisted and invited for a casual early evening group event on Friday 22 September where further information on training and roles with be explained.